A magnitude 5.3 earthquake shook Turkey’s Kahramanmaras province on Thursday afternoon, according to data released by Turkey’s Disaster and Emergency Management Authority.
The epicenter of the quake was in Goksun district and it was at a depth of 7km, the authority said.
The country is still grappling with the aftermath of the devastating quakes in February that hit the southern region and claimed nearly 50,000 lives.
- Shocked Pakistanis react to 6.5-magnitude earthquake
- Ramadan 2023: UAE distributes 200,000kg dates to earthquake victims in Turkey
- UAE offers condolences to Pakistan, Afghanistan over earthquake victims
- 13 dead in Pakistan-Afghanistan earthquake: Tremors spark panic among residents of Delhi, other parts of North India
- Death toll from Pakistan, Afghanistan quake rises to 21