A set of improvements carried out on Dubai’s Al Qudra Road has boosted the traffic flow and reduced delays from seven minutes to just over a minute.
“These improvements resulted in reducing traffic congestion by over 300 per cent,” the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) said on Thursday.
The improvements were carried on the stretch that links Arabian Ranches with the Dubai Studio City. Works included replacing roundabouts on Al Qudra Road with signalised junctions. Improvements were also carried out on the intersections from Sheikh Zayed bin Hamdan Al Nahyan Roundabout up to Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Road and vice-versa. Works included improving the entrances and exits to the Dubai Studio City and Arabian Ranches.
- UAE parking fines: Does waiting inside car exempt you from paying fees?
- Dubai: Pakistani expat who went viral for controlling traffic honoured by police
- Abu Dhabi: 75 buses, over 1,000 taxis to serve fans attending Formula 1 races
- Dubai-Sharjah traffic: Accident occurs on major highway; police issue warning
- 288,037 traffic fines issued in Dubai this year: Official reveals top 8 offences