The Umm Al Quwain Police have announced a 50 per cent discount on traffic fines. The reduction is applicable from December 1, 2022, till January 6, 2023.
Offences committed before October 31 are covered under the fine cut. However, serious traffic violations are not included, the emirate’s media office said on Saturday.
A top police official listed some offences that are excluded:
- Damaging public or private property
- Jumping the red light
- Crossing the speed limit by over 80kph
- Modifying a vehicle’s engine or chassis without authorisation
- Endangering the lives of others
The discount comes as part of the police’s efforts to boost happiness across the emirate’s communities in the run-up to the National Day celebrations, the officer added.
Umm Al Quwain is the second emirate to have announced a discount on traffic fines this month. Earlier, the Ajman Police said a 50 per cent discount is applicable on penalties from November 21, 2022, till January 6, 2023.
Maj-Gen Sheikh Sultan bin Abdullah Al Nuaimi, Commander-in-Chief of the Ajman Police, had said the reduction applies to all traffic violations committed before November 11.
- UAE parking fines: Does waiting inside car exempt you from paying fees?
- UAE: Planning to pay traffic fines in instalments? List of documents you need to apply for the service
- UAE: 6 rules to follow to avoid Dh500 fine when car breaks down on highway